BUSINESS INCENTIVES - LOCAL
- Pro-business city government
- Reasonably priced industrial zoned land & buildings
- Favorable utility costs
- Rapidly expanding work force
- Access to transportation networks
- Access to raw materials & supplies
- Land Development Task Force
- Waiver of NV Energy Franchise fee to qualified applicants
- Private Activity Bonds
- Excellent climate year-round
- High quality of life with moderate cost of living
- City liaison with College of Southern Nevada (CSN) to provide personalized training programs
- Custom guided site tours
- Pro-business environment
- No corporate tax
- No personal income tax
- No unitary tax
- No franchise tax on income
- No inventory tax
- No estate/gift tax
- Sales & Use Tax Abatement/Deferral
- Property Tax Abatement
- Business Tax Abatement
- Private Activity Bonds
For more information call:
Chief Innovation Officer / Director of Business Development: Gina Gavan, (702) 633-1528
Economic Development Specialist: Terri Sheridan, (702) 633-1135
Economic Development Specialist: Alan Ragsdale, (702) 633-1529
Economic Development Specialist: Bill Legere, (702) 633-1531
Nevada's attractive tax climate is complemented by limited incentives to attract companies that create diversified, well-paying employment opportunities for citizens. Local businesses planning expansion programs which will create additional new jobs may also benefit from these programs. Highlighted briefly below are programs of interest. Companies are encouraged to verify current eligibility requirements early in the relocation or expansion process.
State of Nevada Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED) offers a variety of incentives to help qualifying companies make the decision to do business in the state, including sales tax abatements on capital equipment purchases, sales and use tax deferral on capital equipment purchases, abatements on personal and modified business taxes, real property tax abatements for recycling, assistance with the cost of intellectual property development, and employee training grants.
Utility Franchise Fee Waiver
The City of North Las Vegas, subject to the minimum requirements listed below, can provide for a partial exemption from the payment of the Public Utilities License Fee tax for gas and/or electricity. Requirements:
- That the business operates upon a site zoned for industrial use or upon a site pursuant to a variance authorizing industrial use of property otherwise zoned; and
- That the business consumes electrical energy or natural gas for the manufacture or processing of goods; and
- That the aggregate cost of the energy or service so consumed or used by the business is at least five thousand ($5,000) dollars per month; and
- That the business markets at least fifty percent (50%) of its products in interstate commerce.
There are a number of resources available to new or expanding businesses in the areas of employee training and recruitment.
Nevada JobConnect provides a number of labor related services and incentives to Nevada employers. Through the Silver State Works program, employers participating in the program may be provided opportunities to receive incentives in order to hire pre-screened qualified workers to staff their business.
Customized job training may also be offered to qualified businesses that meet established criteria under the Train Employees Now (TEN) Program offered through the State of Nevada Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED). This program provides short-term, skills based intensive job training to assist new and expanding firms to reach productivity quickly. The program is intended to fit the firm's needs and is designed jointly by the firm and state agencies as well as training providers such as the community college or others identified by the firm.
Renewables, Conservation & Efficiency Incentives
The Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA) helps businesses save water and money by offering a number of valuable incentives and services.
Business Relocation and Expansion Services
The City of North Las Vegas Economic Development staff and our community resource partners are available to identify and offer a wide array of incentives, services, and critical information that is of value to your company before, during, and after establishing an operation in the City of North Las Vegas. For additional information, please call (702) 633-1523.