CITY OF NORTH LAS VEGAS
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) CV2
*This Notice supersedes and replaces the previous Notice regarding the application process for these CDBG CV-2 funds published in the March 10, 2021 edition of the Las Vegas Review Journal.*
The City of North Las Vegas Land Development and Community Services Department, Housing and
Neighborhood Services Division announces a notice of available funding through for the Small Business Forgivable Loan Program with Community Development Block Grant-CARES Act Round 2 (CDBG CV-2) funds administered through the State of Nevada. The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is a federal grant provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This grant program is intended to accomplish the following goal: To provide forgivable loans to eligible to small for-profit businesses impacted by Covid-19. The City of North Las Vegas receives these CDBG-CV2 funds from HUD via the State of Nevada and makes these funds available to eligible sub-recipients; CDBG CV-2 Applicant organizations can be either a: (1) public agency, or (2) private, non-profit entity with current 501 (c) (3). Applicants should note that the award of grants is subject to the availability of funds.
In this application process, the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is seeking
applications that address providing economic development assistance to small businesses. Eligible
projects and activities must serve low/moderate income residents of the City of North Las Vegas
impacted by COVID-19 and must also meet one of the following National Objectives:
1. Benefit low/moderate income persons, families, clientele, or area
2. Prevent or eliminate slum or blight
3. Meet urgent, unfunded local need
The following are the activities, events and timeline covered by this notice that will be followed for this grant process:
- March 12, 2021: Public Notice of the City of North Las Vegas State CDBG CV-2 application
and funding process published in the Las Vegas Review Journal and posted online and at three
locations throughout North Las Vegas. See addresses below.
- March 12 – March 26, 2021: The 14 day period to notice and announce the City’s intent to hold a
public meeting on March 29, 2021 to receive any public input on the City’s plan to implement
- March 29, 2021: A public meeting for this application process will be held from 10:00 AM – 12
Noon at North Las Vegas City Hall, 2250 Las Vegas Blvd, N., North Las Vegas to hear public
input on City’s plan to develop this program. All input will be accepted and documented.
- March 30 - April 3, 2021: the 5 day public comment period required before the City moves
ahead with its plan for use of these funds. Any public comments received will be accepted and
- April 5, 2021: An application will be opened and made available in Zoomgrants through which
applicants can apply for the funds.
- April 5 – April 12, 2021: the period of time the application will be open in Zoomgrants to apply
for these funds. On April 5, 2021 Zoomgrants will be open to receive applications. The Zoomgrants link for submitting applications will be posted online at the City’s Housing & Neighborhood Services Division website prior to the opening of the application in Zoomgrants on April 5, 2021: http://www.cityofnorthlasvegas.com/departments/ldcs/cdbg-2020-2021.php
April 12, 2021 will be the last day to submit applications through Zoomgrants
- April 14, 2021: a second public meeting will be held at North Las Vegas City Hall, Room 112, 2250 Las Vegas Blvd, N., North Las Vegas and the application award selection for the successful applicant will take place. Any input will be accepted and documented.
- April 15 – April 19, 2021: the 5 day public comment period required before final selection of the
successful applicant is made. Any public comments received will be accepted and documented.
- On or before April 27, 2021: City’s selection of successful applicant will be submitted to the
State of Nevada for approval.
This notice will be posted at the following locations:
1. City’s Neighborhood Recreation Center, 1638 N Bruce St, North Las Vegas, 89030
2. Silver Mesa Recreation Center, 4025 Allen Ln., North Las Vegas, 89032
3. City of North Las Vegas, City Hall 1 st Floor bulletin board, 2250 Las Vegas Blvd., N, North Las
This notice will also be available online, along with the link to the application, application guidelines,
forms and related information for this program at:
For further information, please contact Jim Haye at email@example.com or 702-633-1441.
The City of North Las Vegas does not discriminate against persons based on race, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual preference, familial status, disability or any arbitrary basis. If you need special assistance in order to read and understand the information contained herein, please call the Neighborhood Services Division at 702-633-1532.